One of my most popular DIY wreaths is surprisingly fairly easy to make!
1. Styrofoam wreath form with a flat surface
2. Something to cover the wreath form: I've used brown paper bags and yarn
3. A wide variety of yarn & optional styrofoam balls
Consider yarn that is thin & wide, acrylic & wool, flat & shiny, and different textures.
4. Ribbon to hang the wreath (I use wired burlap)
5. Scissors 6. Hot glue gun & extra glue sticks
Wrap it so it doesn't flake styrofoam all over/get damaged.
I have wrapped the styrofoam with both strips of brown paper bags as well as yarn. The paper is a lot faster. Glue down the pieces to hold in place.
You can roll a ball from scratch or you can wrap styrofoam balls (or both)
Focus on having various sizes, at least 3, but up to 5 different sizes of snowballs looks best. Use several different shades of white, tan, and/or grey.
Glue the larger balls around on the flat side of the covered wreath form.
Then layer on the smaller balls. Consider color and texture placement so they're all spread out evenly.
Add your ribbon and bow, making sure to give a space to slide your wreath hanger in.
Hang on your door & enjoy!
And Follow me: