Blog post coming soon, but for now, here’s the recipe!
Sweet Potato Purée
Creamy and delicious sweet potato purée, the perfect complement to any protein.
- 6-8 Medium to large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Poke holes with a fork several times all over the potatoes. Place them on a foil-lined baking sheet
- Bake sweet potatoes until soft, about 60 to 90 minutes.
- Slice open each potato and scoop out the flesh into a sauce pan. You can discard the skins.
- Add the butter and sour cream to the pan.
- With a potato masher, mix until your potatoes are smooth and creamy and the butter and sour cream are incorporated. Add the nutmeg and mix until incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the mix over medium heat until warmed through. It took me about 3-5 minutes.