Southwest Egg Rolls
One of the most popular appetizers I make!
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 9 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel
- 3 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 7oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 package egg roll or wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together corn, beans, spinach, cheese, chiles, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Using a small spoon, scoop a small amount of filling onto the wrapper. Starting at a corner, carefully start to roll the wrapper. When it’s slightly rolled, tuck in the two side and continue rolling to the last point. Wet your finger with water and dab a bit on the corner to seal the egg roll. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping them at least once during baking.
Pair with Southwest Ranch Dip!