Shrimp & Zoodles
This shrimp & zoodles dish is healthy, filling, and is relatively easy to make.
Servings: 4 people
- Mandolin–not totally necessary, but makes zoodles infinitely easier
- 2 skillets
- 1-2 pds shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4-5 large zucchini and yellow quash
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided in half
- 1 lemon, juiced the juice of 1 lemon or 1-2 tsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- Wash and slice the zucchini and squash using the mandolin (or cut into very fine sticks/jullienne). Spread them out on a towel on a cookie sheet and very lightly salt them. This will pull some of the water out. Let sit for 10 or so minutes, then pat dry.
- Heat half of the olive oil each in a separate skillet on medium-high heat until hot.
- In the first skillet, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add to the skillet the zucchini and yellow squash with some salt and pepper, stirring until they become pliable/bendable like a noodle. This should take anywhere between 2 to 6 minutes.
- Simultaneously, add the raw shrimp to the second skillet with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until they are opaque white, about 3-5 minutes.
- As each component is finished, add to your serving dish. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.