My wonderful mother-in-law gave me this recipe and I’ve made it more times than I can count. Having muffin mix in the refrigerator or even your freezer is a major help in our busy mornings or when you have guests. I always feel good when I can get them a hot breakfast that I know will fill them up until lunch.
These muffins are pretty quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious. And, for those following WW, depending on the size of your muffins, these are just 4 points each. Make a batch today, keep some in the refrigerator for this week and freeze the rest. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Bran Muffins
- 15 oz Box of bran cereal, with or without raisins
- 5 cup flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt, iodized or sea salt
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (or use Pam on) the muffin tins
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt over the bran cereal in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add your wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together with a large spoon (do not use a mixer). Continue to stir the two together until the entire mixture is moist. There will be several pockets of dry mix so really make sure they are all broken open.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and you pass the toothpick test.