When we hosted supper club, I put these delicious treats on top of my Double Berry Chocolate Cake. But they stand up as a rich dessert all on their own. This is one of the simplest recipes, both in terms of steps and ingredients. We pretty much always have the ingredients and it just takes a few minutes to make up a batch. Enjoy!
Inside Out Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- 24-36 strawberries washed and dried
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or Kahlua
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Place chocolate chips and cream or Kahlua into a small bowl and nuke for 30 seconds on high. If not melted continue for 10 seconds each time until melted. I usually double the recipe and it takes 50-60 seconds total.
- Set aside until cooled just a bit. I actually put it into a piping bag with the tip in place or a Ziplock bag–don't cut the tip yet.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- If you haven't already, put the finished mixture into a piping bag or Ziploc bag and fill those strawberries up. Heap the chocolate onto the top a bit.
- Put them into the fridge for at least an hour and they last up to 24 hours — if you can keep your hands off of them for that long.